Friday, September 28, 2018

Slatted Door Kitchen Storage

Slatted Door Kitchen Storage Jamie Dorobek of C.R.A.F.T got creative when dealing with quite limited kitchen storage. "The door organizer has been a lifesaver in our small kitchen with just 1 drawer," she states. "I needed to think of a solution to make the most of our vertical storage! The doorway saved everything from knives and take-out menus into spatulas and kitchen towels" A bright dab of bright colour and a thoughtful design makes this shutter-door storage notion a smart addition to a much bigger area. Just customize to meet your needs.



Remote Control Caddy "We've got a variety of media remotes in different sizes," says Jennifer Jones of I Heart Organizing. " I set out to discover something which could hold those as well as my current reading material along with a notepad to jot down notes and ideas." Since acrylic organizers are Jennifer's go-to for many jobs, she discovered a desk organizer which fit everything perfectly. "I inserted the legs to dress up things a bit  since the organizer was likely to be front and center in our living room," Jennifer explains.



Cork Accessory Wall "In my little studio apartment, my morning was easily within view and reach : sneakers on open shelves, compact closet with all of my clothing, full-height mirror on my closet door. I really could plan and build my outfit while drying my hair in the toilet," says Nicole Alvarez of Intentionally Small. But without an organized way to store and display her accessories Nicole would waste time digging through and untangling her jewelry stash.



Accessory Overload Solution "There was a sliver of space between the bathroom and closet doors in which I believed I could hang necklaces so they wouldn't tangle. They'd be conveniently situated right near my clothing and mirror to help me make a fast choice," Nicole says. "As a tenant, I attempt to minimize holes in the walls, so I decided to earn a custom-sized cork board where I could pin modest claws as hooks for my bracelets and bracelets" From that point, she simply kept pinning, adding   bracelets, brooches and rings. She found she could even utilize the rings themselves as hooks. "It turned into a perfect way to maintain my jewelry readily available -- and a practical method to decorate!"



Vertical Shelf Desk "Our guest area is seven feet broad, and although it's pretty long, we had been dealing with space problems and amusing cutouts along   the walls," explains Kim Vargo of Yellow Brick Home.   "We knew we wanted a place for guests to be able to place their laptops or tablets during their stay with us but it would have to be streamlined  -- not only physically, but visually as well." Kim continues, "We spotted this very small vintage desk in the flea market, and we nearly could not  believe it! We knew right away that we'd find a way to securely mount it to the wall to take up the least amount of space." Including a trio of stained wood shelves with mounts enhanced this streamlined workspace with composing, storage and display areas. A simple tucks under to finish the design.



Booze Box A bright sidewalk-sale locate inspired Kim and Scott Vargo of Yellow Brick Home to create a fun and functional piece. Due to their fondness of their rustic-industrial look, they desired to use the classic toolbox for both storage and decor. Soon, both decided it'd make a cool container for spirits bottles.   A length of chain and a couple of screws and the "booze box" was born!   "We love to inspire others to think outside the box"   Kim  says. "So many classic finds can be repurposed to meet your requirements."



Stacked Small Bathroom Shelves "When we bought our home 11 years ago, I was thrilled about not needing to talk about a sink with my husband," stocks Maria Gonalez of Graceful Order. "But when I saw that the magnitude of the sink [area], I knew I needed to get creative!" Without a space to get a cupboard, Maria needed to come up with a storage alternative for her bathroom essentials without littering the sink.   "I discovered these little, white shelves meant for decorating, and that I knew they were the perfect solution for storing my requirements," she states.   "I love just how functional they are but also how great they look on that narrow wall" Her tip for getting the most out of spaces? Think vertical!



Stovetop Counter "This Mason-jar organizer helps corral the bathroom clutter and keeps things right at hand." One of our  favorite things about this sweet remedy? The  versatility. Continues Casey, "We especially love this project because it can do the job just about anywhere ... within an office to hold scissors and pens, in a kitchen to hold silverware -- the possibilities are endless!"



Mason Jar Organizers Jennifer Jones of I Heart Organizing has some seriously clever suggestions for keeping her toilet in order. However one, in particular, made us wonder, "Hey, why did not we think of this?" "Searching for a hair application organizer that was attractive and affordable, I was continuously coming up short," states  Jones. The pricier options were meant to be displayed on a counter or vanity, consuming a lot of precious space. Jennifer noted that the pricey models often had tin cup inserts to hold the sexy hair tools. She got creative with all the drawer space she had available.   "That sparked the idea to have a look at some empty metal paint cans from the home improvement store. I was able to tuck them into a deep drawer, so the resources can still be from site, nevertheless neatly organized and secure in-between applications"



Mason Jar Organizers Kristine Franklin of The Painted Hive came up with those narrow, discreet hybrid shelves to make beautiful storage. The ultra-slim design functions, as a result of the "lip" of the shelf, which holds books up and in place.   "The project came about because my daughter has this kind of teeny bedroom," Kristine says. "I actually needed to make the most of all of the available space as well as the wall behind the door just felt wasted" Store-bought shelves were simply too deep to match the bedroom door, she realized, "so I came up with my very own easy, attractive and super cheap DIY version."



Hair Tool Holders Happy to have found a couch to perfectly fit her living-room nook, Amy Geib of Always Never Done was faced with a new challenge: no room for tables. She had a smart fix to make a place for lamps, books, plant and her day glass of chardonnay!   "This project was brought to existence due to lack of space and my need for furniture to not be pushed against a wall,"  explains Geib.



Behind-Door Bookshelves Geib goes on to describe, "Functional meets pretty with this tiny but powerful table. Do not be afraid to attempt something unexpected or construct something from scratch to satisfy your living demands."   Cheers to that!



Reduce Sofa Table "Large cabinets in children's bedrooms always seem to become a dumping ground for everything imaginable," says Christina Katos of No.29 Style. "I made a decision to gut my daughter's whole closet and create an organized space for prep, storage and display."   A chalkboard wall produced a interesting place to write notes or draw. Shelves were installed and wall-mounted lighting was also added to produce the room functional. "Considering that the desk was now in the cupboard, my daughter also gained back some precious floor space. It's stayed neat and organized without a hidden messes behind closed doors"



Personalize DIY Style Playrooms are meant for a great deal of fun and imagination. So, we adore Creative Supergirl Laura Osumi's inventive way to corral her daughter's herd of stuffed creatures: within a beanbag pouf.   "I was sick of seeing stuffed animals everywhere! I knew I would not have enough time to really make a bean bag chair, so I bought one," Osumi shares. Later (carefully!) Opening the pouf and draining from the Styrofoam beads, Osumi had smart and sneaky storage to get a pile of stuffed animals.   "We gained a lot of shelf space in our playroom," she states.   "Always a plus!"



Bedside Charging Station We're pleased to know we are not the only ones who hang on to those adorable little pouches that arrive with everything from soap and candles to jewelry and extra buttons. We are even more eager to put them to good use. Says Erin Boyle of Reading My Tealeaves, "In almost any size area, small things need to get wrangled. I enjoy using small muslin bags to corral items such as Mason jar lids, bottle stoppers, birthday decorations and other little household objects that can get unruly if left to their own devices." From holding hair accessories or unsightly medication bottles from the toilet to keeping necklaces from tangling with earrings atop a dresser, these little pouches are a big help in keeping household bits and bobs to be able. (P.S. They are great for traveling too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment